No one starts vaping as an expert. With the wide array of differences between devices and the sometimes confusing terminology permeating the vaping community, reading about vaping can almost seem like learning a foreign language if you’re still a smoker and haven’t made the switch yet. Never fear! We’ve written this guide especially for you. Are you about to become a new owner of the myblu vaping system – or are you considering placing an order? Use this guide to familiarize yourself with the myblu system before it arrives. Think of this page as your simple myblu instruction manual.
How to Puff on the myblu E-Cigarette
A vaping device can activate in two different ways: with a manual button or with an automatic airflow sensor. If a device has a fire button, pressing the button activates the atomizer coil and causes the device to begin producing vapour. The myblu vaping system, on the other hand, uses an automatic puff sensor to give you an experience that feels more like smoking a cigarette. When you draw on the device’s mouthpiece, the sensor detects the change in air pressure, and the device begins producing vapour. The automatic sensor makes the myblu perfect if you’d like to hold your device between two fingers like a cigarette – or even let it hang from your lips – while vaping.
When you begin a vaping session with the myblu system, the atomizer coil will be completely cold. Since it takes a moment for the coil to heat up, we suggest taking a few short primer puffs before taking the longer puff that you actually intend to inhale. The primer puffs warm the atomizer coil and ensure that your first real puff will deliver a much fuller and more satisfying cloud of vapour.
How to Inhale When Vaping
When you vape, there are two different ways of inhaling. Those techniques are:
- Mouth-to-lung (MTL) inhaling is drawing the vapour into your mouth before inhaling it into the lungs. This is the technique that most people use when smoking cigarettes. MTL vaping works best with higher-nicotine e-liquids. It gives you a stronger throat hit and feels much like smoking. Many new vapers prefer the MTL inhaling style.
- Direct-to-lung (DTL) inhaling is drawing the vapour directly into the lungs. DTL vaping works best with lower-nicotine e-liquids and higher-power vaping devices. It creates very large vapour clouds and gives you a more flavour-forward vaping experience with less throat hit. Many long-term vapers prefer the DTL inhaling style.
Whichever technique you use, remember the two most important aspects of using an e-cigarette properly.
- Use your lips to create a good seal around the e-cigarette’s mouthpiece. The seal prevents the vapour from escaping and ensures that you’re inhaling vapour rather than air.
- Puff from the device using the minimum air pressure necessary to activate the airflow sensor. Use smooth, even air pressure and puff for around 3-5 seconds at a time to create the biggest, most satisfying vapour clouds possible. If you use too much air pressure, you could suck e-liquid through the pod’s airflow tube and end up with a nasty taste in your mouth.
How to Know You’re Getting Enough Nicotine
Nicotine enters the bloodstream quickly through the lungs. When you use the myblu pod system for the first time, wait around 30 seconds after the first puff to gauge your level of satisfaction and determine whether you want the vaping session to continue. For many people, a session of vaping is much like smoking a cigarette. They’ll puff on the device a total of around 3-7 times, pausing several seconds between each puff. They’ll then end the session and either put the device into storage or recharge the battery.
We’ll leave you with three final points to remember as you begin your transition from smoking to vaping.
- Only charge your myblu vaping system using the charging accessories included with the starter kit. Don’t charge the myblu device with a “fast charging” wall adapter such as a mobile phone or tablet charger.
- Store your myblu device safely between uses. Keep it out of the hands of children.
- While the sensation of vaping is very similar to that of smoking, it isn’t exactly the same. When you start vaping, stop smoking and give yourself a few days to adjust to the change.